Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's my first day blogging!






Hi Everyone,



I've finally taken the plunge and decided to make a blog. I've been reading blogs for inspiration for a long time now. I am amazed with all the quilts and crafts that I have seen. I hope to share with you a few of my projects. I'm just a beginner quilter. I just started quilting last summer. I've done cross-stitching for many years, and have now started to try some embroidery. I just finished a Christmas gift I made for my mom. I don't have a very good sewing machine, so I did some hand stitching and some hand quilting. I also did some of the sewing with my machine. The table runner was hand-pieced and quilted. The place mats were sewn together with the machine and hand quilted.





I also made a bag. It was my first attempt at making one. I got the pattern out of the Australian Country Threads magazine. I just love the pattern. Mom should be getting her gift tomorrow. I'm not too worried about her seeing this before she gets it because she doesn't have a computer.













I also made a few Christmas ornaments. I just made my own pattern and tried it out to see if they would work. They turned out pretty good. It was a lot more work then I had expected. But it was fun.







Well, that's all for today. I hope to be able to share more with you soon.
Ariane

2 comments:

Ikyphoniex said...

it very nice, can i have 1. mybe some day we can talk more thanks

Ariane said...

I'm really glad you like it. Thanks