Monday, January 19, 2009

A few more 6 inch blocks

I showed you two small blocks the other day. Well, I made a few more when I was a work. These new blocks were easier to make. So they didn't take me long to stitch them. The first one is called "Andromeda". I like it. It was a bit difficult, but it turned out okay. I like the colours I used.
The second one was called "Art Square". This was a very simple pattern for me. I didn't use the best choice of fabrics. I think next time, I need to have more contrast. I think it still makes a nice block though. It's just a little more neutral.
The third one was also very simple, but I really like this pattern. It's called "A Snowflake". I really like the simplicity of the pattern. It just looks good in my mind, and it was fast to make. I like that. I don't know how it got the name of "A Snowflake", because it looks nothing like a snowflake. It would make a nice lattice pattern on a quilt. You could really make the pattern stand out, or have really soft colours.
I'm off work for a couple of days now. So I'll be able to work on some of the other projects that I have on the go. I would like to get at least one more project done by the end of the month. I'm really hoping to get one of my quilts done. I need to go buy more supplies, batting, etc. All I have left for fabric and batting is small pieces, hence the reason I've been making 6 inch blocks. I don't have a big stash of fabric. I pretty much buy fabric as I go, or as I have money. Which is why I like scrap quilts. I just look at what I have and make something. Well, I hope everyone has a great day. I'll be trying to get some work done on one of my projects.
Happy Stitching!! :o)
Ariane

No comments: