Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Finished Pieced Border


I finally finished the pieced border for my son's quilt. It was very difficult for me. I had to rip it apart 4 times because it didn't fit the quilt. I had to make an adjustment block for the top and bottom because the border was short one inch. The two long sides had the same amount of blocks but were different lenghts. It took me forever and really tried my patience. I'm just a beginner and probably should not have taken on such a difficult border. But I did it. It's not perfect. It still looks really good. I'm proud of myself for not quiting all together. I still have to put a small border on the outer edge of the pieced border, but then I can put the quilt together. Yeah!!! My son keeps asking me when it will be done. Well, he can't say I haven't been working hard at it. I don't think it helps that I haven't slept well the last four nights. Well, I'm just happy that I got this done. We had a snow day today. The kids got to stay home from school. We are having a big snow storm. It was a good thing it was my regular day off, otherwise I would have had to take the day off work. Well, I hope everyone had a good day.
Happy Stitching!
Ariane

2 comments:

Mattie said...

What a great looking quilt. I know what you mean about the border. One of the first quilts I made I did prairie points and it really took alot of fooling around on the corners. Your border really suits the quilt. Nice Job! Daria

Joy said...

Ariane, that looks fabulous!!! Well done, you should definitely be proud :o).
Hugs,
Joy :O)