Monday, January 12, 2009

I have my first finish for 2009!

I finished the market bag that I've been working on. I have been working on it since the last week of December. I'm so excited to have it done. I can now add it to my list of finished items for my One Project a Month Challenge. I will also email May Britt to let her know. Next month I will try to finish one of my quilts. Hey! I might even finish one before the end of this month. It is only Jan. 12. Here are a few pictures. I did the embroidery a bit different for the front and back of the bag. I thought it would be nice and make it more interesting. As I mentionned in an earlier post I got the embroidery pattern from Cinderberry Stitches. It was meant for a smaller bag. But I tried to make it work for the bag size I wanted. I even put pockets in it. That's a first for me, so I'm happy about it. It was pretty simple. I would like to try to use a zipper one of these days. I've never done that before. That's the great thing about doing sewing, quilting or crafting, there is so much to learn. I love it.

Happy Stitching!
Ariane

2 comments:

Joy said...

Love your bag, and how you adapted the stitcheries looks great!! Yay for your first "finish"!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Sue said...

Your bag is lovely...and the stitchery is fabulous. Congratulations on your January finish.

Sue
Western Australia