Saturday, January 17, 2009

Two new blocks

I have been working the last couple of days and I needed a small project to bring to work for my breaks. So, I decided to make small 6 inch blocks with patterns that I got off the Jinny Beyer website. I had all these small pieces of fabric left over from my scrap quilts. So, I thought the small blocks would be great to use these pieces up. Besides the fact that I have never made these blocks before. I would be learning how to make new blocks. I hand pieced these two blocks. The first one was more difficult. It is called the "1904 star". I really like it. But it took me a while. The second one is called "Album". This block is my favorite out of the two. I think I would like to make a full size quilt out of this pattern. I think I'm going to make a sampler quilt at some point when I have enough blocks to make a top. I'm in no rush. I've got so many projects on the go. I just needed something small to work on. I love to do hand stitching. It always relaxes me. Well, I hope everyone is well. It's late here, I'm going to bed now. Goodnight!

Ariane

No comments: