Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hand made gifts for my sister and my nephew

Hi everyone, I gave my sister and my nephew their birthday presents. They were very happy with them. I think a bit surprised too. I made my sister a nice big tote bag. It is really my favorite bag that I've made. It has nice long handles and it's big enough to carry a lot of stuff. The front pocket is large enough to put a big magazine or book. I'm just really pleased with the way it turned out.


I also gave her a Kaffe Fassett book and roll of fabric. She had told me that she loved his quilts. I know she really loved the fabric and book. I also gave my nephew a crayon roll that I made. This was my first attempt at making one of these, and I think it turned out really nice. I know he liked it. I also gave him some Kids KNEX. I know he will love these too. Now, I can add both of these items to my finishes for the month of March. I'm really happy with the way these turned out. The kids and I had a really good time with my sister's family tonight. All in all, this was a really good day. I hope you have a great rest of the day.
Happy Stitching!

Ariane :o)







2 comments:

Jennifer L said...

Nice job on the crayon roll. I love your sidebar on projects completed. Would you mind if I borrowed the idea? jenn

Ariane said...

Thanks Jenn! You can use the projects completed sidebar. I have it up for the OPAM challenge that I'm participating in.