Friday, May 29, 2009

A new book and Magazine!!!

Hi everyone, I didn't do any sewing today. I had a huge migrane headache. I rested most of the day. But this evening I took the kids to Chapters Book Store and I purchased the book "Material Obsession" and the "Patchwork & Stitching Magazine". I'm so excited. I've been wanting to buy that book for the longest time and I finally just did it. I don't have very many quilting books and magazines. Most of my inspiration comes from you guys, through your wonderful blogs. But I do like to have certain books and magazines for those times I like to just sit quietly and look at all these beautiful projects. I just have to figure out which project I'm going to try first. Tomorrow, I'm going to a quilting workshop day organized through Wilton Creek Fabrics. There will be 8 little workshops. I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm excited to go. It has to do with quilting so that's good enough for me. I'll let you know tomorrow how it went. Well, that's all for today folks. I hope you all have a great evening.

Happy Stitching!!

Ariane :o)

3 comments:

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

those look like fun! my favorite book has been "Quilt Shack" by R. Norum & H.A. Krohg. I haven't made anything out of it yet but I definitely plan on it.

Mary Johnson said...

I get a lot of inspiration from the web too but you should see my book collection -- it's huge!!

Bron said...

oooh good shopping! I LOVE the Material Obsessions books - they are just GORGEOUS!