Monday, August 24, 2009

A Christmas Stitchery and Ornament


Hi everyone, I hope you all had a good day. I was very glad that the weather cooled down today. It was a nice breasy day. I had to work but it was much cooler at work and made it a lot more bearable. I finished a little Christmas stitchery tonight. It's really cute. I also made a little angel ornament. Both these patterns came from the "Art to Heart: Star of Wonder" pattern booklet. I really love the patterns by Nancy Halvorsen at Art to Heart. The instructions are really great and easy to follow. The patterns are beautiful as well. So, that's one project done for the Di's Christmas "3" in August Challenge. Only 2 more to do. I'm cutting it close to the end of the month. I've been working so much though....and I'm still not 100% back to my normal self. So, I kind of have to pace myself and not over do it. I don't want to get sick again. I really can't afford it. I hope you like it. I really do. It was quick and easy.


Happy Stitching!!


Ariane :o)

11 comments:

Barb said...

That is adorable....and yes, just pace yourself.....

Dresden Quilter said...

These are so cute. I'm not ready to think about Christmas yet. I am scared to put down what I need to get done for then.

Lee D said...

Very cute! don't work too hard

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

very cute.

i need to get back into doing some stitching. haven't done any in a long while!

Sandy said...

Very cute ornaments...nicely done!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Hi Ariane--I just love the "ewe" they are becoming my favorite thing to collect right now--and your angel is sweet--and to me this makes "2" items done--so are further ahead than you know!!!! Take care and pace yourself--I need to do that too--but I often overdo and then I pay for it!!!! Hugs, just, Di
Oh--did you the "Schnibbles' club over on Pinkpincushion.blogspot.com--I have signed up--check it out--I see you had one of the patterns on an earlier post???

a good yarn said...

They are delightful! Is it really time to start making Christmas-y things? I'd better get started. Ann :)

Abby and Stephanie said...

How cute! Oh I should really get started on Christmas now!!!

Trudy said...

You have a great blog. I'd love for you to come and visit my blog. I just made a Vintage Vogue Original 1944 Design, V2858. On the previous page you'll find a dress I made from an original 1974 pattern that I found in an antique store. I call that post The Lady in Lavender. And lots of other things in between. Hope you enjoy.

Browndirtcottage said...

This is lovely...we used to raise sheep years ago and I had a HOUSEFUL of little EWE motifs....and my oh my...it really is time to start on our Christmas isn't it....You have a lovely blog!

Linda said...

Simply darling!