Saturday, August 8, 2009

I'm back!!! Oh yeah...forgot to tell you I was gone!

Hi everyone, I went on a little holiday. I was off work for four days. My inlaws had rented a cottage just out of town. So, we all decided to join them. It was such a great time off. The lake was beautiful. The weather was not too warm, but it was comfortable. Just perfect for me. The kids did lots of fishing. They had a great time too. They want to do it again. So we already booked a cottage for next summer. On another note, I bought fabric online last week. Okay....I know I don't need more fabric. But the price was right and I can't get this fabric at local quilt shops. I just couldn't resist. I'm addicted to fabric. I bought it from a Canadian Online Shop called Pink Panda Fabrics. It was my first time buying fabric online. I was kind of nervous, but since all the prices were in Canadian dollars I didn't have to do any conversions. Which put me a bit more at ease. But now that I had one good experience....who knows what I might buy next. Hmmmm!!! I need to do more sewing...less buying. I did work on my hexagon stars while I was at the cottage. I got another row done and half of another. So I've got five and a half rows done out of 15. Hmm....I still have a long way to go. But hey...I'm doing it all by hand...so I'm doing okay. I hope you like the fabric. It's just yummy. I don't know what I'm going to make with it. But I just love to look at it. I'll figure something out.


Happy Stitching!!



Ariane :o)

4 comments:

dolores said...

Oh goodness, those are sooooo gorgeous and fresh....all my fabric is the same-old, same-old calicos that I have had for over 15 years. I have done a few tied quilts years, YEARS, ago and I'm just now getting back into it with this new freedom of FMQ...it's awesome but I have promised myself no new fabric until I have put a substancial dent in my old stash...so for now I just look at other people's stashs and drool!:)
Glad you had a chance to get away and renew!:)

Catherine said...

Oh yes great fabric choices. I've just made my first purchase of fabric online and it hasn't arrived yet so I'm a little nervous at this stage.

Val said...

I love your fabric goodies. I haven't bought anything online either but hoep to do that soon. I love your blog and will be back soon.

Becky said...

I too am addicted to fabric. And I do NOT want a 12 step recovery or an intervention! ;)

I have come to love ordering fabric online. Maybe cause it feels like Christmas when the box arrives!

I've found all of the online retailers to be very honest and willing to fix a mistake. One of my fabrics was left outta the box and I quickly received its replacement.