Saturday, September 5, 2009

A bit of quilting and a new free BOM


Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a great day. Today was a beautiful day. The weather was wonderful. I did spend some time quilting today. I decided to quilt my Beatrix Potter Log Cabin quilt myself. I just couldn't send it out. I don't know why. So, I decided to just go ahead and do it myself. It's far from perfect. I find it hard to quilt anything bigger than a mini quilt on my machine. It's just a basic machine and there's not much room to work. I think my Brother and his wife will like it though. They will know that I worked really hard on this one. I still have to put the binding on it. That will have to wait until tomorrow. I sewed enough for one day.


I was on Dorothy Baker Designs Blog today and found out that she is having a free stitchery BOM called "Sweet Nostalgia" that starts on Sept 15th. She is also having a giveaway. Go check it out. It looks like its going to be really cute.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I know what you mean about finishing your quilts yourself, it has more of 'you' in it that way. No matter how good a job someone else does, they are not you!

Doina said...

I like the things you have made and show on your blog!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your quilt looks fantastic, well done.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Hi--what a pretty quilt you have made and doing it all yourself is a treasure for sure--am thinking about the "sweet Nostalgia" bom--but I really am into a lot right now--sooo!! Hugs, just, Di

Pamela said...

This quilt is beautiful. Good for you for quilting it yourself!! I love all the fabrics and I love Beatrix Potter. I have a little of this line and love it! Thanks for stopping by and entereing my blog.

Melinda said...

That is a stunning quilt.