Thursday, October 15, 2009

A little bit of this....and that

Hi everyone, Sorry for not posting more. I've been having computer troubles. I'm still trying to figure some of the things out. Well, last week I got the first issue of the Quilter's Connection Magasine. This is a new Canadian quilting magazine. I subscribed to it a bit late to get the first issue. So, I bought the first issue from Laurraine at Patchwork Pottery's etsy shop. She is the designer of the pattern on the front cover. She even signed her pattern for me. She is so sweat. I love her pattern.

I also got my Cindy Lou Who Schnibbles pattern. I bought it from a shop that was a bit closer to where I live so that the post wouldn't take so long. It helped!!! I started cutting the pieces last night. I'm not using a charm pack for this. I'm just using material I have in my stash. It's going to be a Christmas table topper and I hope to use it as a gift.

My daughter's also been doing a little bit of hand stitching. She wanted me to put her work on my blog too. She embroidered  a cute little bird. So cute!!!

Well, I hope you all have a great day. I have to work this evening. I couldn't sleep last night so I'm really tired this morning. I may have to go lay down a bit before work. Otherwise it will be a long night.

Hugs Ariane

6 comments:

Barb said...

your duaghteer did a lovely job....

retdairyqueen said...

I see your daughter has inherited your talents

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Hi Ariane---like the fabrics you chose for the cindy lou pattern--have fun stitching it--I worked on mine from 11 am to 5 pm with only half hour break for lunch--have the center blocks all done==now to do the 2 borders tomorrow--as you know I chose fall colors for mine!!!! your daughters bird is cute and she did a nice job tell her--give her a hug from me--hugs, Di

em's scrapbag said...

Your daughters piece is adorable. Keep encouraging that talent.

MARCIE said...

I just love that little bird! Your daughter did a great job!

Dresden Quilter said...

Your daughter did a beautiful job. I would love to organize a swap with her.