Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My placemat quilt for PQS2

I joined the Placemat Quilt Swap 2 on flickr. It was my first flickr swap. I really had fun doing this swap and loved all the comments the others shared. We had a really great group. It was organized by krommama. Thank you so much for organizing a wonderful swap. I know it's a lot of work. But I really appreciate it.

My partner is piecefulchaos. I made her a maple leaf placemat with a matching potholder, 2 coasters and a little bag. She received it today. So now I am able to share it with all of you. I love the way it turned out. I purchased the Maple leaf paper pieced block pattern on etsy from Piece by Number. I love this maple leaf pattern. Then I designed the little placemat using the four blocks that I had made.

Then I decided to make her a potholder and some coasters with the leftover material. I thought a little bag to put them in would be handy, so I made one of those. It ended up a bit smaller than I wanted, but was still cute.
I hope you like what I made. I had a lot of fun doing it. I have to make myself some placemats with the maple leaf on it. Fall is my favorite season and I love to see the changing leaves. Well, that's all for now.
Happy Stitching!!

Ariane

13 comments:

PiecefulChaos said...

I am just over the moon happy to receive these gorgeous pieces! Can you post your pics on the flickr group? My pics were really bad and I want everyone to see how beautiful they really are.

Lee D said...

they look great lucky recipient

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Ariane..swaps are so much fun and what you have made for your partner, wow.....

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

You my girl did a beautiful job on the fall placemats and gifts--they area so pretty and sooo fall looking--and I love the bed pocket you made---you did a great job on that also---wished I was one getting one of these gifts!!!!
Hugs, Di

Barb said...

she will love them.....

retdairyqueen said...

I like the maole leaf pattern
As usual a great job

Dresden Quilter said...

You are incredible and amazing! I love the leaves with the use of the blue. I went to the etsy site and found the presents paper piecing which I had been looking for for over a week. Thank you so much! You rock!

alda said...

great ideas! I'm sure she will love all what you've made for her.

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i'd be happy!!! you did a beautiful job!

Unknown said...

Very cute! Perfect for fall.

Simone de Klerk said...

What lovely lovely things you made for this swap!!! Love the colors you used for it. I would never have imagined these to go together so well.
Love the placemats you received too!

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

oh MAN!!! Ariane, those are absolutely beautiful!!! you have the luckiest partner, I'm sure she will be thrilled with the maple leaf placemats!!

Dada said...

It's very very nice !
I love it !
Congratulations ...