Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I made a Star Quilt!!


It has been a very busy last couple of days. I have been working. I have been trying to get my Christmas gifts done. We celebrated Christmas today with my inlaws. I made a turkey dinner with all the trimmings. We are going away to Northern Ontario tomorrow to see my family. It is an 9 hour drive. I hope the weather is good.

I made a lap quilt for my mother-in-law. I used the same star block as the table runners. I did not  have much time, so I thought I would stick with something I was comfortable with. I used some Kansas Troubles and Buggy Barn fabrics. I really love this quilt. I did some simple quilting. I finished it at 10am this morning. My inlaws got to our house at 12:30pm. So I got it done just in time. I hope you like it. She loved it.

Well, I am going to be gone until the 29th. So I wish you all a wonderful Christmas.

Ariane

6 comments:

Stephanie Hughes said...

Ariane, Wonderful quilt for your mom-in-law. She will love it. I know mine does when I make her quilts. thanks for the holiday wishes and have a great time away! Stephanie

Sharlotte said...

I love love love this little quilt. Kansas Troubles in one of my favorites.Any ideas on KT block exchanges amoung the blogs? I've been looking for one. Have a very Merry Christmas!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Beautiful star quilt Ariane! Enjoy the rest of your holidays!

a good yarn said...

That's a marvellous quilt Ariane. I hope you have a safe trip to Canada and a joyful Christmas. Cheers, Ann :-)

Luz said...

What a lovely blog!

Aunt Spicy said...

Its beautiful! And perfect timing!