Friday, March 19, 2010

Potholders and Pincushions


I hope everyone is having a nice day. I did some sewing this afternoon and got one of my swap projects completed. They are the potholders for Potholder Pass 2. My secret partner will be recieving these two potholders and get a little extra gift of a pincushion. I made the pincushion from some of the scraps left from making the potholders. I used the Tuffets pattern. This was my first tuffets pincushion. I love it. I can finally add that to my finished Schnibbles Projects. These are really modern. I tried to use the colors my partner requested. I checked out my partners blog and she seemed to like this style of fabric. So I really hope she likes them.

Ariane

10 comments:

Shawn said...

Great work Ariane, I love all the new modern fabrics, your projects turned out very nice. I must confess I've been visiting your blog a lot, you have the best Blog List ever, I have found a couple new ones that I really like ~Thank You

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love them Ariane...gorgeous fabric

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

What pretty potholders and I like your tuffets--they are alot of fun to make and I keep saying I am going to make more--but!!!!!
Hugs, Di

a good yarn said...

They look terrific Ariane and I'm sure your swap partner will love them. Ann :-)

Catherine said...

I'm sure your partner will love them. Very pretty fabrics and love the pincushion. Nice work!

Cris A said...

Very pretty fabric!

Dresden Quilter said...

Beautiful! I should send you mine to finish!

antique quilter said...

oh those pot holders are just so pretty! perfect for spring! I LOVE that pin cushion, too cute!
like that you added the selvages too!
Kathie

Unknown said...

they are really cute, she will love them....

Linda said...

These are so cute! I'm taking my machine on a vacation with me and hope to tackle some smaller projects. I have the Tuffets pattern and walnut shells. Hmmm, I think you've inspired me to get 'em done!