Saturday, May 1, 2010

A few blocks...

I worked on my May block for the Sew Modern Bee today and got it all done. I hope she likes it. I had run out of the off-white material. But I managed to find some at a LQS. I'm very pleased with the way it turned out.

I also worked on a pattern for my months of blocks. I wanted to try something I hadn't done before. This is something I came up with myself. I call it the subway tile block. That's where I got the inspiration. I really like it. I struggle a bit more when I'm using modern fabrics. So, I'm really proud of how it turned out. I don't expect the other Bee members to make this block. This is just an idea of what I'm looking for. I hope you like it.

Hugs

Ariane

7 comments:

Unknown said...

cool ariane! i really like the sew modern bee block. i especially love the fussy cutting, and that lower left corner block is definitely my favorite. so pretty!

you did a great job with your subway tile design. simple designs are my favourite by a long-shot. i think it's because you can really appreciate the fabric designs themselves in the midst of the blocks.

Barb said...

I love the squares in the middle of your blocks, brings alot of dimension to the squares....

Amy Friend said...

I think that both blocks turned out great. I like the subway tile idea. Speaking of subway tiles...we are working on choosing tile for our bathroom right now so I have tile/quilts on the brain too!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The blocks look great Ariane.

henny said...

I really love your pillow case design! The block is lovely too.

a good yarn said...

Both blocks look amazing! Those modern fabrics are loads of fun. Ann :-)

Catherine said...

Love all those modern blocks. Great fabric choices!