Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sew Modern Bee quilt top in the works!

Hi everyone!

On Tuesday I did some sewing on my quilt top for the Sew Modern Bee. My month was June. I asked for a 12.5 inch block. I wanted the girls to make a small 6 to 8 inch traditional block for the center, then border it with a small white border that finished at 0.5 inches, then a Kona Coal border to bring the block to 12.5 inches.

I love all the blocks I received. I then used one of the Hunky Dory Aqua prints to sash each block and put a star in between the center blocks. I'm not sure if I will put another border around the quilt, or just quilt it the way it is. But I do have a lot of left over small pieces.

I hope you like it. I had fun working on this top. Thanks to all the girls from the Sew Modern Bee for making me such wonderful blocks.

Hugs

Ariane

5 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

What a collection of talent. Love this quilt.

Poppyprint said...

What a great way to make traditional blocks into a modern quilt! I love it! Especially the sweet little stars in the sashing...lovely job Arianne!

Dresden Quilter said...

You're welcome! Amazing as always!

Tiffany said...

Lovely colors! Those pretty stars in the center really tie it together nicely.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It's beautiful Ariane!