Thursday, December 2, 2010

St. Nick ornament!!!

Hi everyone!!

I hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Today I made a little St. Nick ornament.
It's a free punch needle pattern that I got here, from "With thy Needle & Thread".
This is a design by Brenda Gervais.
Isn't it adorable?

This is my first completed project using punch needle.
I've tried a little project before, it's still not done.
I made this one using crochet cotton.
I have lots of crochet cotton, so I thought I would try it to make my ornament.
I love the way it turned out.
It's not perfect, since it's really only the second time I do punch needle.
But, it was worth the effort.

It took about 4 hours of work to make this.
Quite a bit of time, for one little ornament.
But, it looks really great and unique.

I hope you like it!

Hugs

Ariane

10 comments:

Dresden Quilter said...

It is adorable!

WoolenSails said...

You did a beautiful job on it, wonderful piece for christmas.

Debbie

Poppyprint said...

He's adorable!

Sara said...

very plush and really IS one of a kind:)

Penny said...

That's very cute! Love your header too :)

Unknown said...

he's a cute little Father Christmas isn't he?

Wendy said...

he's so sweet! I would like to have a go at needle punch, I think it'd take me more than 4 hours!

Linda said...

He's too cute. I have never tried punch needle. Maybe I see a project for 2011.

Catherine said...

Isn't he cute. I think you've done a wonderful job with him.

Anonymous said...

Darned cute!!