Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Making a bag....

Hi everyone!!

I hope you are all doing well.
I've been doing okay!
I had an extremely busy weekend.
My daughter was auditioning for a singing competition in Toronto last Saturday.
So after working a 12 hour shift Friday, I got a quick 2 hours of sleep before driving 3 hours to Toronto.
We arrived at 3:00 am, then stood in line until 8 am just to register. She finally had her audition at 12 noon.
Then, we drove back to Kingston. She didn't make it.
We had to stop for an hour on our way back because we were too tired to drive.
Then, when we got home I rested a bit. 
But I had to drive my oldest son to an outing then pick him up later that evening.
Lets just say I was exhausted!!!
The rest of the weekend was better, but still very busy with running around.

Did I mention that I was still sick.
Yup, I still have that nasty cold virus, turned lung, ear and sinus infection, 
that I've had since the Friday before Mother's Day (May 11th).
I finally went to the Doctors today and they gave me antibiotics.
I just wasn't getting better.

Okay!!
On a happier note,
I was on strike yesterday,
from doing any running around!
You know, napping if I want too......no cleaning....no working....
no driving.....

So guess want I did, between napping, etc....
I made a bag and two zippy pouches.
Here they are.


The fabric used is Sanctuary by Patty Young.
I've had this fabric in my stash forever.

I used a pattern in a magazine to make the bag.
I didn't like how the straps and the body fit together.
If I make it again, I will change that.
I also added the large rectangle closure.
I didn't want people to see everything in the bag.
The two zippy pouches are made from some of the scraps.

Well, that's all for today.

Hugs

4 comments:

Quiet Quilter said...

Good for her for trying! And you for being a good mom who supports her!

Nanette Merrill said...

Super super cute bag.

Unknown said...

I agree with Quiet Quilter. The more she tries, the more confident she'll get! Good for her, and good for you for supporting her. That's awesome in itself!

Dresden Quilter said...

Trying is winning in my book. Good for her. Good for you too, for going on strike. Your tote looks great.