Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Rectangle Square Quilt is done!!

I got this quilt quilted and bound by late last night.
Washed and dried....
I took photos this morning and now its gone to school to be gifted to my daughters teacher.


It was a fun little quilt to make.
It finished at approximately 60 inches square.
All the fabric, except for about a half meter of the Kona Bone sashing came from my stash.
Even the backing is from my stash.


You can see in the photo of the back of the quilt how I ended up quilting it.
I used my walking foot to do straight lines a quarter inch from the sashing lines in one direction.
Then stippled between these lines. 
I think it adds a nice touch to the plain back.

I used PicMonkey to edit my photos.
This program used to run Picnic....but now its even better than before.
And so user friendly.
Love it!!!

Well, I hope you like my quilt.
I now have a finish for OPAM!!
Yeah!!

Hugs

18 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Gorgeous! Congratulations on such a great finish!

Darlene said...

It's lovely! The teacher is going to love it.

Poppyprint said...

I love this colourful quilt. What a lucky teacher! Your skinny sashings are so perfect and the quilting is just great. Way to go!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely Ariane...

Carla said...

The quilt is gorgeous!!

Debbie said...

Great job...so love the simple effect of the quilting. Great colors caught my eye.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

It's awesome! You did a great job!

Unknown said...

Looks great Ariane! The teacher's jaw will drop!

Susan Torrens said...

Hope she loved it! It is wonderful how creative you can be when there is a deadline looming!!!!!

Talin's Corner said...

What a great teacher's gift. Great finish.

Lynn Dykstra said...

wonderfully well thought out quilting idea. It is a lovely quilt

Linda in Calif. said...

LOVE IT!! You chose the best fabrics!

Kirsten said...

Beautiful - love the fabrics and this patterns shows them off well!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt and love the fabric, I bet she loved it! Thanks for sharing!

pcflamingo said...

I like how you modified the original pattern from Film in The Fridge - I like the bigger blocks. I do a lot of charity quilting and I'm always looking for good Big Block patterns that sew up quickly. And what's not to like about Joel Dewberry's fabrics - YUM! Love the quilting too. All in all, two thumbs up - more if I had 'em :D

Carrie P. said...

wow, you must love your daughter's teacher. such a beautiful quilt.
thanks for stopping by my blog during the RWB block hop. good luck in my giveaway and glad to hear you fly your Canadian flag proudly.

John'aLee said...

Oh it's gorgeous!

Dresden Quilter said...

It is gorgeous. The teacher is very lucky.