Thursday, July 28, 2016

A finished mini quilt

Hi everyone, 

I've been working on a little quilt project the last few days. I wanted to make something quick and easy. Something that wouldn't linger in my ufo pile. Something that I could use scraps and stash fabric. I present to you my mini St. Louis 16 patch purple quilt. 

I used 1.5 inch strips to make the blocks and the blocks finish at 4 inches. This quilt measures 20"x28". It's the perfect size for a large coffee table. I did some organic lines for the quilting. It did distort one of the rows, but that's okay. I still love it. 

It's super cute and I will definitely make another in a different colour way. I hope you like it. 



Saturday, July 23, 2016

My June finished projects

Hi everyone, 

This post is all about my June makes. I made a few garments in the month of June.

My first make is this Walkley Vest by MIY Collection. This striped top is made from a remnant I bought at Fabricland for $3.00/meter. This was my wearable muslin. I just love this top. I did make some adjustments to the pattern even before my first try. I made the large and added 1.5 inches to side seam from the waist down to the hem line as my hip measurement was bigger than that of the finished garment size listed on the pattern. This worked out perfectly. I've worn this top so many times. It's one of my favorites this summer.

Since my striped Walkley Vest turned out so well, I decided to go ahead and make another. I had a left over piece of this Art Gallery knit called Bon Voyage Lumiere in my stash. I thought it was perfect for this top. I love how it turned out. I also wear it all the time. This pattern is definitely going to be a staple for my wardrobe. It's easy and very flattering on me. I've gotten lots of complements on these two tops. 

My daughter wanted me to make her a dress. I had purchased the Betty Dress pattern by Sew Over it.
I made two muslin's for the bodice for her before I made this dress. I had to make a lot of adjustments to get it to this stage. It is still not perfect. It's a little loose at the waist, it needs to be taken in. For this dress I used fabric that I had bought at a garage sale last summer for $1. It's a rayon, which is perfect for summer. But I only had enough to make a half circle skirt and not the full circle like the pattern called for. Even though its a little loose, she loves it. She's worn it at least once a week since I made it. So, it's still a win. I haven't attempted this pattern again, but I will. I do have fabric set aside for another one for her. 

This next photo is another wearable muslin. The pattern is the Pinot Pants by SBCC.
I used a really cheap jersey knit that I bought at Fabricland for $3.00/meter. It does not have the 4 way stretch required for this pattern, and the recovery is not great. But, I knew this before I made these. I just wanted to test it. I thought these would make good PJ bottoms, and they do. They are super comfortable. I made these XL and they are too big. I need to size down for my next one. They are not very flattering on me, but like I said, the fabric is not the best choice. I will make these again though. 

So, that's all my finished projects for June.
I did work on some quilting projects, like my 365 challenge quilt.
But I will show you the progress on that in my next post.

Have a great day.