Monday, September 12, 2016

Here's another UFO I'm trying to finish

After I finished my Sun Down quilt top, I started pulling fabric for another project. As I was going through my stuff, I kept finding more UFO's hiding amongst my fabric. I just couldn't start something new when I had so many projects waiting to be finished. So, I decided to work on a baby quilt that I started in 2011. I didn't share much of this quilt on the blog. I only posted one block on March 17, 2011. I had the quilt top assembled. But I had three empty white blocks that were meant to have applique. So, on Sunday I added Applique to two of those blocks. I couldn't decide on what to do in the third block. So, I decided to just start quilting it and I would leave that block until last. It's partially quilted now. Here's what I looks like. 
This picture is pretty dark. I tried to lighten it a bit. See that one empty white block. I just don't know what to add there. Maybe the word, fun or play. I'm not sure. If you have any ideas let me know. I want to get this one done and off my UFO list. 

4 comments:

Kalicocreations said...

The quilt is very cute! I think either fun or play would look good there, or you could do a whale, or an inch worm in that last block. If it is for someone specific, their name. I am sure that whatever you choose will look great
Terry

Ann said...

Just like you, projects seem to crawl out of my stash daily. I was going to suggest a fish or snake but like the inchworm even better (from Kalicocreations.) Whatever you choose will be great. Good for you to move it forward.

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! Maybe that blank space could be used for the recipient's name.

Mary Marcotte said...

I was thinking about what boys like to do, but if you have someone in particular in mind, consider what dad likes to do--fishing, boating, baseball, football--whatever it is, chances are the boy will also do at least for awhile. The quilt is cute as is and I love those colors!