Thursday, October 27, 2016

My Blackbirds quilt is finished!

Hi everyone!!

I have another finish!

Yep! I finished by Blackbird quilt designed by Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts. 
I took a workshop with her at the beginning of the month. It was a lot of fun. 
I'm so glad I got it done before the month  is over. It feels really great. 
I quilted it on my Gracie frame using my old kenmore machine. It was a challenge since it was my first time. But I kept the quilting simple with straight and curvy lines across the top. 
I used a soft polka dot flannel on the back, that I purchased at one of my local quilt shops. I pieced the batting from leftovers I had. The binding was made from two of the blacks that I used for the birds. 

All in all, I'm really happy with it. The quilting is not my best. But it's still super cute, I hope you like it!!

 Linking to:
Let's make a baby quilt 
Can I get a Whoop Whoop!
Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts
Finish or Not Friday

24 comments:

WoolenSails said...

The quilt came out beautifully and the quilting really sets it off. I think the backing is perfect for the design.

Debbie

Lorna McMahon said...

Your flock of birds are beautiful! I spotted them on Instagram and had to pop in to check out the details. Love the quilting and the polka dot backing. Congratulations on your Friday finish!

Laura said...

I love his quilt! It's a great pattern and one I'd like to make too.

paulette said...

This quilt is absolutely beautiful! Love it!!!

Mari said...

It *is* super cute! Love the backing--looks very cozy!

Barb Neiwert said...

Adorable quilt, and doesn't it feel good to get a project done in a reasonable amount of time? That's what I strive to do, but doesn't always happen.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

again--I really love this quilt--
and am happy for you that you got it finished--
getting a quilt totally finished is such a joyous time!!
love and laughter, di

Michelle said...

Super cute!! I love the one red bird! Great job with the quilting!

AmyScrapSpot said...

Your Black Birds are adorable!
I love your colors and think the quilting looks great!!

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

Cutie pie birds! It's so pretty - I'd love if you'd link to my Finished or Not Friday Linky Party at Busy Hands Quilts each week!

cspoonquilt said...

Cute bird block! and I like the off set layout very cool!

Micki @ 2 Dogs Studio said...

Cute block and quilt. Love that you added one red bird. micki@2dogsstudio.us

dispack said...

GREAT! quilt. good job!

a good yarn said...

Great choice for the backing and those birdies are super cute!

Kaja said...

Cute quilt! You did a good job with your quilting too.

LA Paylor said...

congrats on the finish, it's adorable. How fun to spend time with Lorna. Bet it was full of tips. Love that you quilted it yourself, on your domestic machine like I do. LeeAnna

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Don't ya love Lorna's patterns! Yours came out great...love the polka dot backing!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That turned out just great! I love the one red bird in among all the blackbirds! That is one of my favorite of Lorna's patterns, and I've been thinking of making it, too!

Jenny said...

Whats not to love? So cute and pretty - congratulations on such a lovely finish.

Kate said...

Congrats on a fun and cute finish!

Dresden Quilter said...

It looks great! You are super fast!

Carla said...

So so cute! Love your quilt ; )

tisha @ quiltytherapy said...

Adorable quilt.

Izzy said...

This is so cute!! What a wonderful finish! Congrats! :-)