Monday, November 21, 2016

A table topper finish

Hi everyone, 

It's been such a busy time around here. I did get a chance for a little bit of sewing today. I made a diamond star table topper. 

It's a cute little table topper made using the sidekick ruler by Jaybird Quilts. 
I bought this ruler on Friday of last week at my LQS. 
I really like this ruler and I think I will use it a lot. This table topper was made as a gift for my Mother-in-law's friend. My MIL had been sick since the beginning of the summer. And had been off work all this time. She didn't have much money for gifts to give, and asked me if I could make a few table toppers for her to give a few special friends who helped her while she was ill. 

This is the first of the table topper I've made for her. I may make a few matching mug rugs to go with it. 

Another thing I used on this table topper is a Westalee ruler foot and ruler. I purchased this several months ago but never tried it until now. I thought it would be hard to get used to, but it was really easy. 
I only used the foot when I used the ruler and switched to my regular free motion foot to fill in with quilting. I did the quilting on my old Kenmore machine. 
This machine actually belongs to my MIL. She lets me use it for quilting. None of my other machines handle free motion quilting well. But this one is a workhorse.  
Hope she likes it. 

 

3 comments:

Barb said...

Love your topper and it is good to have a machine you can trust with your free motion quilting....love the work horses.

Kaja said...

I'm sure she'll love it! I only have old machines - can't beat them.

Dresden Quilter said...

It is fabulous.