Thursday, November 24, 2016

Making progress...

Hi everyone, 

I've been trying to move some of my projects forward. You all know I have many on the go.  

The first one is my Buttermilk Basin Mystery 2016 quilt. I finally prepped the "W" block and the large snowman block. I sewed all these blocks together. I still need to hand stitch these two blocks. But at least they are ready. 
 
The second quilt is A Blackbird Gathering by Cheri Payne. I prepped the top block, bordered it and sewed it to the main body of the quilt. I still need to hand stitch the appliqué. I also need to sew on the borders. I did start stitching this one though. 

The third quilt I made progress on is my Scrappy Medallion Quilt. I started making blocks for the next border. This border is made up of maple leaf blocks on a light background. These blocks are 6 inch finished and are made the same way as the centre maple leaf blocks. I'll update you more as I get further along. 

That's what I've been working on. I've been super busy lately so I just get a bit done here and there when I can.  

Hope you like my progress!
 
 

 

5 comments:

Lorna McMahon said...

Each of your projects are simply beautiful! How appropriate that the first one in your line up is encouraging our winter to "Bring it on!"

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Beautiful projects, Ariane! I think my favorite is the scrappy medallion with the maple leaf blocks. That is going to be an amazing quilt!

Barbara said...

Looks like you've been very productive. Let it snow? No! I'm not at all ready for that.

Barbara at Stash Overflow

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantastic 😘😘👍

Kaja said...

I like all your projects! I think the trick when you are busy is to do exactly what you are doing: not fret when you can't sew but make the most of it when you get a few moments here or there.