Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Puppy quilt for Zeus

Hi everyone, 

We are getting a new puppy on Dec. 9th. 
He's a golden doodle. 
My husband really wanted a new dog. A male dog that could be his dog. 
We had to put down his last dog Ozzy because he had cancer. My husband really missed having another dog. 
We do still have a female labradoodle named Zoey. She is 10 years old. She's my dog. 

So, we found a little male puppy for him. He asked me to make a quilt for him. I told him we should wait until he's grown out of the chewing stage and we have him trained. But he was insisting. 

So, I made a simple quilt out of fabrics that I've had in my stash for many many years. These are not great quality. But there perfect for a little dog. 

I even put his name on it. 
I free motion quilted it. I had fun with this and used up thread from a bunch of spools that were really low on thread. I love emptying a spool of thread. 

Here's a picture of me with our little puppy. Zeus is only three weeks old in this photo. We go see him again tomorrow for a visit. I'll bring him his quilt. He will get a chance to try it out. 

 

 

3 comments:

Kaja said...

What a sweetie! I hope he doesn't eat his quilt. :-) Great name too.

TheEclecticAbuela said...

He is adorable--sleepy little face. :)

Dresden Quilter said...

It's really cute.