Monday, December 26, 2016

I have a finished flimsy and some mug rugs

Hi everyone, 

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Our Christmas was quiet, which was nice. We didn't go overboard with gifts this year and our kids were all very happy with their gifts. It was nice to reduce our stress of buying all the latest gadgets and just keep it simple. 

I did do a bit of sewing when I could sneak it in. I made two mug rugs out of scraps of fabric. 
These were easy and fun to make. This project satisfied my sewing itch while I was waiting for my Christmas turkey to cook.  

This morning I also put the borders on the quilt "A Blackbird gathering" by Cheri Payne. I love this little quilt. 
Now I just need to go buy some batting to finish it. I'm all out of batting. 

I'm going to work on my scrappy medallion quilt today too. Hopefully I can finish the round 6 today. We will see how it goes. 

 

 

3 comments:

PaintedThread said...

Love those mug rugs. Simple can be so stunning.

Christa Marcotte said...

Love your blackbirds quilt! Too cute!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a neat quilt and your mug rugs.....the cutest!