Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Scrappy Medallion Quilt round 6 in progress

Hi everyone, 

My sewing time has been really reduced the last five days as we got a new addition to our family. 
His name is Zeus, and he is a Golden Doodle. He is only 8 weeks old. He is so cute, but requires a lot of attention. 

I did start working on round 6 of my scrappy medallion quilt. 

These are a type of 4 patch block. The blocks are made up of 2, 2 1/2 inch hst's and 2, 2 1/2 inch squares. 
The four corner blocks are different than the others. You can see the difference in picture #4.

I am making 2 blocks at a time. One for each side of the quilt. These blocks are good to use those 2 1/2 inch scrap squares that I have cut up. I use my 2 1/2 inch strips and my easy angle ruler to make the hst's. 

Hope you are liking my progress. 
 

 

14 comments:

Ann said...

It's always interesting to see how different quilters work. I'm intrigued by your layout, color dispersion, and the way you have chosen not to use "plain" borders - narrow or wide. Keep it up!

Cathy said...

What a GORGEOUS medallion. I love how you have the colors arranged. It sparkles. And oh my goodness...Zeus looks so huggable!

Linda in Calif. said...

That puppy is too cute! So is the name. The quilt is really coming along, just gorgeous!

Kimberly Smith said...

Can't decide which I love more, the puppy (cute!) or the quilt (beautiful!). He's a big boy for eight weeks. Good luck with THAT! lol

Steph said...

OMG, Zeus is so cute. I also would play with it the whole day.

Sue @ Quilting the Green Star said...

Oh forget the quilting, just play with that gorgeous puppy! Wow, what a fun Christmas you are going to have..... All that shredded wrapping paper!

Sue @ Quilting the Green Star said...

Oh forget the quilting, just play with that gorgeous puppy! Wow, what a fun Christmas you are going to have..... All that shredded wrapping paper!

Vicki in MN said...

Cute puppy!! That is going to be a fun cheery quilt!

Sarah Goer Quilts said...

Your quilt is beautiful. You've organized the colors fabulously. I love the variation of darks and brights!

Sarah @ Berry Barn Designs said...

What an adorable new addition to your family! And I love the progress on your medallion : )

Cheryl said...

Your new puppy is so cute and great progress on the next border of the medallion.

Amy DeCesare said...

Sweet little puppy!!! It won't be easy to put the puppy down for sewing time, but you'll work out an arrangement that keeps you both happy. You'll have a little buddy now to help you to design. This quilt is awesome!!! I love the way it looks already.

Laura said...

What a great quilt! It is fun to see how other people use their scraps.

FlashinScissors said...

Really beautiful puppy! I'm guessing he's part poodle, what is the other part?
I love your fabric choices, great colours!
Barbara x