Tuesday, February 28, 2017

En Provence quilt is finished

Hi everyone, 

I have a finish for February, just in time. Haha! 

I very simply quilted my En Provence quilt below. 
This quilt is for my daughter. She loves a soft quilt and didn't want it densely quilted. So I kept it simple. I used the Philip Jacobs picotte poppies print and the lavina print separated by a solid purple strip for the backing. I used the same solid purple for the binding. 
Haha! Had to add a puppy pic in there. 

So there you have it. 
  
And since it's the end of the month I want to report my quilt spending for the month of February. 

I spent $79.17.
$45.18 was for 2 1/2 metres of 110 inch wide cotton batting. 
$33.99 was for cotton fabric. I bought 1/2 metre of 150 sesquicentennial Canada fabric.  Also 3 fat quarters of white background print and a gallon size bag filled with fabric scraps. 

My total for the year so far is $102.90.
A bit high, but I had a buying therapy day. Lol! It happens!! 
 

12 comments:

Marti said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous quilt! Your pup is so perfect too.

a good yarn said...

So, so beautiful! what a lovely quilt for your daughter.

Puppilalla said...

Oh, wow, the sheer amount of pieces is staggering! Congratulations on having finished this demanding design. =)

Gretchen Weaver said...

Congratulations on the finish! She's a lovely quilt. I like that your chose your own fabric colors. Your quilt will stand out from all the other quilts made with the same colors as Bonnie Hunter's quilt. Blessings!

Heide said...

What a great finish! Beautiful colors.

Frog Quilter said...

Great and beautiful. Yay!

mangozz said...

Gorgeous finish on En Provence! I can't tell how you quilted it though. I'm having trouble deciding on the quilting design on mine.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your En Provence is just beautiful! I love the colors you chose, and I bet your daughter does, too. And your puppy is adorable! He makes a fun picture!

Rachel said...

Very pretty! I love how the stars go off into the border! Looks perfectly snuggle-y!

Kate said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great to get a big quilt finished. Looks great!

Kaja said...

Congratulations on a great finish! This has turned out beautifully.