Saturday, August 12, 2017

Scrappy Medallion Quilt Completed

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad to have finally finished this quilt. 
I even got the hanging sleeve done. 
I love how this quilt turned out. 

This quilt is my original design. I started it in October of 2016. When I started making it I didn't have a plan. I just kept adding rounds and designing them as I went. At some point I made myself a drawing of it on graph paper and continued on with my design as I had drawn it. I'm really proud of how the colours worked together and that I used my fabric scraps to make it.


I quilted it with a swirl design on my Janome 1600p. 
I had some tension issues while quilting. I didn't notice it right away and ended having to remove a lot of the quilting and redo it. That was a pain. But, I got it done.



I used a large scale print on the back. I got the backing for $3.88/meter. 
It was a steal. 



I hope you like it. I'm pretty proud of this quilt.