Wednesday, October 4, 2017

A finished table runner, a finished quilt top and progress on Leo's Mane

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all doing well. 
It's been a crazy week for me. But, I did manage to do some sewing.

Yesterday, I finished my red and black table runner that I made using the first two blocks of my Sampler BOM quilt. It turned out really nice. It's a keeper.



I free motion quilted it on my Janome 1600p-db.
This was all from fabrics in my stash, including the backing.

On the weekend, I also finished my Idaho square dance flimsy. 
I really love how this quilt top turned out. 
It's all done from fabrics from my stash also. I busted a lot of tiny scraps with this one. 


I need to find backing fabric for it still and buy some batting to finish it. 

I also continue to work on my Leo's Mane quilt. 
I almost have part two completed. 


This is my current hand piecing project. This one is English paper pieced and I bought the papers from 
Eagles' Wings quilts. This quilt is Cathy's original design. 

I hope you like my projects!! 

12 comments:

Calicojoan said...

Oh my gosh, I love both of them. Scrappy speaks to my soul!
:-)

Julierose said...

Oooh, just gorgeous projects: that runner and the quilting on it are sijply lovely...I really like that hand piecing project --beautiful colors...hugs, Julierose

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love the finished table runner--like those dark rosy colors--
and love the bright cheery quilt top--you are almost finished with that one!!
and your hand piecing is coming right along--do like it better this week-wasn't sure about in the lat post that you showed it--but now I have a better 'vision' of where it is going--
enjoy the moments, di

a good yarn said...

Three fantastic projects Ariane. I just love the colour play in all your projects.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Those are all such beautiful projects. My eye is really drawn to the Idaho square dance piece. You've given me some nice quilting eye candy to enjoy tonight. Happy sewing! Andrea

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful table runner and your pieced quilts are gorgeous.

Debbie

Cathy said...

Leo is looking fabulous! And I really like your scrappy Idaho square dance. Wonderful colours!

Jo said...

Love that table runner, it would look great in my house. I may have to copy your colorway, if not the whole design!

Sheila said...

Beautiful table runner! Love it!
Idaho Square Dance flimsy is AWESOME! WOW!

Ruth said...

I love them all! How big is the Idaho Square Dance quilt? It is awesome and looks like the pieces are tiny. I think I might dig out my PP project from years ago to try to finish up on a long road trip we will be taking in Nov/Dec. I've been thinking about it lately and would like to finish it and get it off the UFO list!

Manuela said...

Wow your rainbow scrappy look is great on Leo's Mane quilt.
Your tablerunner is wonderful an I like your quilting.
Best wishes Manuela

MartinaM said...

Oh i love your part of Leo´s Mane - i will do also a rainbow Quilt, but differnet to yours.
Greetings, Martina