Thursday, November 30, 2017

Wow! November flew by!,

Hi everyone, 

I’ve been away from the blog this month because I’ve been super busy.
But, I did sneak some sewing in here and there. 

I cleaned my sewing room, and as I was sorting my Scrap bins into colours I came across a bunch of little bags of hst’s, charm pack remnants and such. So instead of moving them to a new location without using them I decided to do something with them. 

I first took a bag of HST’s that needed trimming. I trimmed them to the largest usable size which was 1 1/2 inches. I decided to make some scrappy friendship star blocks. These are 3 1/2 inches.

Then I had some bright HST’s with a white background fabric. So I decided to try making a block with them. These HST’s were also trimmed to 1 1/2 inches. This block is 9 1/2 inches. Cute eh!!


Then I took the left overs from the charm pack and made a placemat. 

And with the itty bitty scraps left over from the placemat, I made a mug rug.

Then, I spent some time making more blocks for the 365 Challenge quilt. 
This is where I’m at so far.


I love having a design wall. 

Then, I had to make a black and white block for the modern quilt group.
This block is 16 1/2 inches.


Then, a friend asked me to make a crib set for her as she is going to have her first grandchild.
She wanted me to use fabric from a Hawthorne Threads. So I ordered it for her and made her a quilt, bumper pads and a fitted sheet.

The deer fabric is exclusive Hawthorne Threads fabric from the Fawn collection.


This quilt didn’t take long as I used a panel.

I used a super soft flannel on the back.

It was the first time I ever made bumper pads and a fitted sheet.


So, as you can see, I’ve done quite a bit of sewing.
Plus I had two sewing sessions at my house where I taught a brand new beginner quilter make her first project. I’ve really enjoyed doing that. 

I hope to do a bit of Christmas sewing now that we are going into December.
Time is running out. I better get on it. Lol!!


6 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your design wall is being put to good use! The baby ensemble is super cute. Great ideas to use up your scraps.

Ruth said...

Yes, it's great to have a design wall - don't know how I did it when I didn't have one. I love proejects using left-over HSTs or scraps. I have a basket with lots of HSTs in various sizes and now and then I add more. I hope I'll get them used one of these days. Your projects look great! Also, good for you to help someone get started in quilting!

WoolenSails said...

You have made some beautiful quilts and fun scrap quilts with the leftovers.
I need to make a design wall, would make it easier to audition the blocks, beforehand.

Debbie

a good yarn said...

No surprise that you haven't had time to post with all that keeping you busy. Lovely scrap blocks and it's so good to use up all the leftover fabric. 365 is looking flash.

Ann said...

You have certainly been busy, Ariane. It's great that you made things with your leftovers rather than moving them to a new location. Love your circle of stars and the darling deer baby gifts.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Lots of lovely projects happening up on your design wall! I love how yopur 365 Callenge is progressing! And the baby quilts are very cute!