Sunday, December 17, 2017

Slow stitching Sunday and a win!

Hi everyone,

I hope your December is going well.

I have been working a bit on my Leo’s Mane quilt.
I’m a bit behind. But that’s okay. I’m going to keep working on it.



I have also been very fortunate to win a new sewing machine at my local quilt guilds Christmas dinner.
This sewing machine was donated to our guild by a local sewing machine shop, 


I am so thankful. This machine is a Janome M100 QDC, Special Canada 150 edition. 


I had purchased a few tickets for this draw, and was so excited that I won. 
I love it!! Thank you so much to Eric Simkins for this wonderful machine. 

Linking with: 

13 comments:

Susan Torrens said...


Congratulations on your win! I know you'll use it - you are very productive...... I l.ove the colour gradation in your blocks

Suzanne said...

Wow! That is wonderful...congrats! I like your sewing project too.

Cathy said...

Your Leo looks wonderful!! I love the colours and the scrappiness. Congrats on the sewing machine win!

Chantal said...

Awesome win! Congratulations! This is a nice way to start the festive season. Cheers! ;^)

The Cozy Quilter said...

Leo looks great...I love the colours you are using. Slow and steady progress...that's how slow stitching works.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Ohmy goodness--what a delight surprise--a new machine!! I am so happy for you--and your quilt is looking great--
I think I need a new machine-one that will sew straight lines and only 1/4" seams--oh wait--maybe it is me that needs to work harder at it!!!!
Happy Holidays-
enjoy the moments, di

Manuela said...

Congratulation to your new sewing mashine.
Wonderful progress on your Leo's Mane Quilt. I like your scrappy look.
Merry Christmas.
Manuela

canuckquilter said...

Leo's Mane is looking good. Congrats on your new machine!

Sarah said...

Congratulations, how exiting for you. Lovely progress on your quilt.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Wow, congratulations on winning the new sewing machine! Enjoy! Your Leo's Mane project looks beautiful.

Lisa J. said...

What an exciting win! Congratulations.

WoolenSails said...

Congratulations on your new machine, she is a beauty.
Love your quilt, beautiful piecing and fabric choices.

Debbie

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your colour work on the Leo's Mane project!
Congrats on winning the machine! You must be lucky indeed... you should buy a lottery ticket!