Sunday, January 21, 2018

Boxing week fabric purchases


Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well. I know the flu has been going around like crazy and I’ve done my best not to get sick. I’ve been working a lot of night shifts lately. I struggle when I work nights. I can’t sleep. I feel exhausted all the time. I don’t get anything done because my brain doesn’t work.

Oh well, I did add quite a bit of fabric to my stash from all those boxing week sales. It was fun receiving packages in the mail.

I did buy some fabric at my local shop Stitch by Stitch. Some Kona black and white, plus a few more blacks and off white prints to add to my collection.

These are half yards except for the Kona which I purchased 3 metres of each. The fabric on the bottom is a flannel I bought to back a baby quilt.


The next bunch I ordered from Mad About Patchwork. I love all these modern prints. I use a lot of blues. So I got quite a few of those. These were all in the sale section, and are fat quarters. Love them all.


The next batch came from Fabric Sparks. These were also all from the sale section. Three bundles of fat quarters and some half yards. I love all these modern prints.


Then, I ordered some cute prints from Fabric Please. These were also in the sale section. I bought some children prints to go in a boy quilt as I didn’t have many of these in my stash. These are half yards.


Then I ordered a big order of fat quarters from Canadian National Fabric. These are traditional prints. Lots of blacks, blues, reds, greens. I use these colours a lot. They will be used up no problem. Again, these were all on sale.


I did buy more fabric at another local quilt shop, but I put it in my stash before I took a picture. Oh well.

It was fun adding new fabric to my stash. I hadn’t done much shopping last year and I felt good about getting all these. I spoiled myself. I know. But it was fun. Lol!

Now, I just need to get back to feeling like myself so that I can sew. My motivation has been low from working all those night shifts.



4 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Night shifts are not easy--but I guess it was your turn--hopefully they will end soon and you can get some rest and some sewing time in cause you surely have some really pretty new prints to work with!!!
enjoy, di

WoolenSails said...

I used to work second shift, that worked for me, I am not a morning person.
Great fabric buys, looks like you will be busy with new quilts.

Debbie

Ruth said...

Wow! That's lots of new fabric! I'm not doing that very much - although I did buy a bunch of Christmas fabric that was on sale. My son works the night shift as a RN and he is always tired it seems. I don't think I could ever do that. Are you a RN?

a good yarn said...

What a super collection! Sale fabrics are the best.