Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Works in progress

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well. 
Happy Halloween!
I’m handing out candy this evening to all the wonderful trick or treaters. 

The last few days I’ve sewn some blocks to make a table runner using the November blocks from my guild BOM. 
I have the top completed, and still need to quilt it. 

Here’s another picture.
I have it on my new design wall, which I purchased from Connecting Threads. 
It was on sale, plus I got free shipping. Love that!
You can see my table runner blocks in progress on my design wall. 
This is a collapsible design wall by Cheryl Ann.

I’ve also completed some of the pink blocks the the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2017.
I made 9 plus blocks. 

Plus, 4 pink Arkansas crossroads blocks. 

I hope you like my projects.



Wednesday, October 25, 2017

A small finished table topper and some blocks

Hi everyone, 

I’ve had such a busy month. 
I helped my parents pack their things to move back to their home town. 
They we living in a house that we owned. 
When they decided to move, we stepped into action to put it up for sale. 
Carrying two houses wasn’t for us and we didn’t want to continue renting it. 
It was a lot of work to prep it for sale. 
But it sold very quickly. It was a relief. 
I hardly had any time to sew this month.

I had planned to make a table runner out of the blocks that I used for the my quilt guilds BOM. 
I had it all designed, but I was too tired to make all the blocks it required.
So, I made a mini version. A small 20 inch square table topper.
I really like how it turned out. 
I may still make the full table runner, but this one will do for now.

I also worked on trying to catch up on my Arkansas crossroads blocks that I’m making for the Rainbow Scrap challenge 2017. I just finished my blue blocks. 
I have to make the orange, pink, and cream/white coloured blocks still to be caught up. 
Here are the blocks I’ve made so far.
I’m really loving these blocks together. 
I hope you like my blocks.




Wednesday, October 4, 2017

A finished table runner, a finished quilt top and progress on Leo's Mane

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all doing well. 
It's been a crazy week for me. But, I did manage to do some sewing.

Yesterday, I finished my red and black table runner that I made using the first two blocks of my Sampler BOM quilt. It turned out really nice. It's a keeper.



I free motion quilted it on my Janome 1600p-db.
This was all from fabrics in my stash, including the backing.

On the weekend, I also finished my Idaho square dance flimsy. 
I really love how this quilt top turned out. 
It's all done from fabrics from my stash also. I busted a lot of tiny scraps with this one. 


I need to find backing fabric for it still and buy some batting to finish it. 

I also continue to work on my Leo's Mane quilt. 
I almost have part two completed. 


This is my current hand piecing project. This one is English paper pieced and I bought the papers from 
Eagles' Wings quilts. This quilt is Cathy's original design. 

I hope you like my projects!! 

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Slow stitching Sunday and a mini quilt finish

Hi everyone, 

I hope you had a nice weekend.
I had a great weekend with my family. 
The weather was beautiful and I also got to do some sewing.

Today, is I was able to continue hand sewing on my Leo's Mane quilt project. 
I had completed step 1 in the sew along quite early.
But, since I purchased the pre cut papers from 
Eagles Wings Quilts , I was able to continue on with my progress. 

Here's my progress so far.
I really like how it's coming together so far. 

I also made a mini improv spikes quilt.
I joined the modern quilt group of my local quilt guild. 
They have a separate meeting once a month and have challenges for the group members to try.
I'm a keener. Lol! I went to the meeting on Friday and then came home and started working on a mini quilt. 
I've always loved improv quilts, but never really tried them. 
I was inspired by Deb of A Quilter's table to make improv spikes. 
I finished this quilt Saturday night. 
I really like the way it turned out.
I like the size of this project and may make another one in a similar size. 

I'm linking with: